Benefits from our corporate sponsors can more than cover the cost of your annual membership; many more benefits negotiated by individual squadrons (chapters) are also available to members across the country.
Members should Login to find the latest list of Membership Benefits, access to the corporate rate codes, and direct links to partner web sites.
Boat Insurance with Cowan Insurance Brokers *
Regular Discounts – 10 % for CPS members
Educational Discounts – Discounts for completion of recognized courses
Additional Discounts – For aids to navigation, theft and fire protection systems
Reducing Deductible – A 10 % decrease in your boat and equipment deductible per ‘claims-free year’ to a maximum of 50 %
Coverage for Damage – By animals, rodents and insects
Premium Payment Plan Option
Flexible Survey Requirements
$1000.00 Identity Theft Coverage
- Extended navigation territory available
- Chartering privileges available, if you’ve attained the grade of “AP”
- Towing expense coverage available
- See more on our tailored coverage (pdf)
Receive Ports Cruising Guides
- Available to CPS members at 25% savings
- Information on destinations, marinas, restaurants, local businesses, cruising tips, border crossing info, charts, routes, maps, safety tips, aerial photos and more
- Locations include Lake Ontario, the upper St Lawrence, Lake Huron, Georgian Bay, the Trent/Lake Simcoe and Rideau Canal systems
- Members should login for full details
Receive a free subscription to Canadian Yachting Magazine, a value of $20, with your membership.
- Eight issues per year including free access to digital editions and web articles
- 4 issues contain the CPS publication, The Port Hole
- CPS Members receive 25% off advertising rates (login for full details)
Half-Price Membership to Boat U.S., plus access to many more benefits in the U.S. and Canada such as West Marine Chandleries.
- Great Lakes Cruising Club School – Save $5 on courses and webinars
- RONA – Save 10% from stores in Western Canada
- National Car Rental (Canada) Affinity and Association Benefits Program – Save 10%
- Choice Hotels – Save up to 15%
- C-Tow Marine Assistance Ltd – Save 33%
Boating Equipment Discounts
- Natural Marine – $20 off manufacturers mail-in rebate on any 3 products from their Canadian-made line
- SALUS Marine Wear – Save 15% on selected PFDs
- FORTRESS Marine Anchors – 25% off refurbished Fortress FX 37BP anchors
- WEEMS & PLATH– Order online and save 25% on precision navigation tools and products ordered directly from Weems & Plath.
- ICOM CANADA – Save on high quality radio equipment from Icom.
Get a free Courtesy Check to ensure you have the required equipment on board. Contact your Squadron for details.
Pleasure Craft Operator Card replacement is 50% off for members
Members: Login for the latest list of Corporate and local Membership Benefits, access to the corporate rate codes, and direct links to partner web sites.
* Note: Savings compared with a similar policy from Cowan Group to non-members. To qualify for the CPS Insurance program, it may be required for some boats that a recent marine survey be presented; as a result, not all boats may qualify or restrictions may apply. The CPS Boat Insurance program provides a comprehensive package. Not all proposed competitive policies are as comprehensive as the Cowan Group CPS program; read the policy fine prints of any competitive offer.
** Benefits may change from time to time without notice.